HOMER allows you to create a customized pathway for your child based on their interests and reading ability! Here's how to get started:
1. You will first fill out your child's name and birthdate, and can then assist your child with picking all of their unique interests. We suggest choosing at least four different interests, so your child has a lot of content to work with. We also encourage them to choose as many as they'd like!
2. Next, you'll take a learning quiz based on your child's current math and reading skills. The questions will vary based on your child's age.
3. Once all of the information has been received, HOMER will provide a recommended reading stage for your child based on their age, interests, and skills. HOMER currently offers 5 Reading Stages that grow with children as their skills progress.
4. You will be able to review the recommended stage before your child begins. You may also change this stage if you feel that it would be best for your child.
a. To review your child's stage
i. Press "see more reading stages," then scroll left/right to view other available options.
ii. Press "start here instead" on another stage to change your child to that specific stage.
5. Press "continue." to begin setting up your free trial. Alternatively, you can tap "Learn More" for more information on your child's learning plan.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful Have more questions? Submit a request